Safeguarding and Child Protection
The welfare of our pupils is the school’s paramount concern. We believe that our school should provide a caring, positive safe and stimulating environment that promotes the social, physical and moral development of the individual child. We recognize that all adults have a full and active part to play in protecting our pupils from harm.
School owners will ensure that:
– DBS checks are in place for teachers and teaching assistants – the school operates safe recruitment procedures
– the school has procedures for dealing with allegations of abuse against staff and volunteers
– teachers undergo regular trainings on Safeguarding and Child Protection regulations
– our school will support all pupils by encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness, through the curriculum as well as our relationships
– our school will support staff by providing opportunities to talk through their concern and seek to take further support as appropriate
– we notify Social Care as soon as there is a significant concern – we recognize that all matters relating to child protection are confidential
– we recognize that the school plays an important part in the prevention of harm to our pupils by providing pupils with good communication with trusted adults and supportive friends
– we carry out annual risk assessment of the teaching venue to ensure the health and safety of our pupils
Our Safeguarding and Child Protection policy will be monitored and evaluated annually before the start of a new academic year.
Updated: December 2021
Horizon Mandarin School Limited is a limited company registered in England (Company number: 8699629).