Terms and Conditions
We operate an enrolment fee to cover the cost of administration and a Tuition fee to cover the cost of teaching.
One off enrolment fee of £10 is due at the time of application form submitted online or by email. It is not refundable under any circumstances. This is designed to accept your request for a place in the School and once received, the appropriate administration will be undertaken.
2. Tuition fee
- New students: Newly enrolled students are entitled to one trial lesson. If the student decides to continue after the trial lesson, the enrolment fee and full-term fee (including the trial lesson) are due immediately. However, we cannot guarantee that places are still available after the trial lesson if payment is not in place in time;
- Other students: tuition fee is payable one week before the start of the term to secure the place(s) for the student. No place is guaranteed until the fee is received;
- Sibling discount is 5% for each 2nd or more children in the family;
- A student is entitled to 5% annual fee discount if the tuition fee is paid in full one week before the autumn term starts. For newly enrolled students, the 5% discount applies if the full year’s fee is paid after the trial session, and before the 2nd session;
- £10 penalty is applied if the tuition fee is paid after the end of week 2 of the term;
3. Late starters
For students who register and start after the beginning of the term, tuition fee payable is on a pro rata basis.
4. Tuition fee refund policy
In the unlikely event of you deciding to discontinue the lessons, we have the following procedures of refunding tuition fees:
- If a full year’s tuition fee has been paid in advance, half a term’s (six lessons’) notice is required to obtain the refund for the remaining sessions;
- If tuition fee is paid termly, no refund is available.
5. Lessons cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances
The School will publish the whole year’s session dates on the website usually in May/June proceeding the autumn term. On rare occasions, the School has to cancel a session due to unforeseen circumstances, e.g. extreme weather condition, or unexpected ISL use of premises. On these occasions, the School will arrange a replacement lesson, either on the Sunday after the cancelled Saturday, or towards the end of the term. If a replacement lesson was impossible to arrange, the cost of the missed lesson will be deducted from next term’s tuition fee payment.
6. Book fee refund policy
Fees paid for books are non-refundable although we would be happy to assist the parents to sell them second hand, without obligation.
7. Transfer between classes
The School will take very best care to assess each student’s learning ability and level to assign them to the right classes. Should parents wish the student to be transferred into a different class, please consult with the class teacher first. The student may be able to do so subject to availability and consent from the class teacher and the Headteacher.
Updated: June 2018